||Submitting a contribution request does not guarantee that the request will be fulfilled. While the company would like to be able to fulfil every request that is submitted, we must operate within guidelines that fulfil a compassionate outreach mission, maintaining a sense of accountability to our share-holders and business partners while also fulfilling our honoured duty as a responsible corporate citizen. Requests are fulfilled to organisations that fall within pre-determined, company-wide outreach parameters, that meet specific mission-focused criteria, and that reside in areas where the company maintains a significant business presence.
Our Donation Criteria
Please note the following information on our donation programme:
- Requests must be received in our Community Affairs office 6 weeks prior to the date of the event
- We can only accept one request per charity within a 12 month period
- All requests must be submitted in writing on the letterhead of the charity seeking support, we can not donate to those fundraising on behalf of a charity
- The event must be strictly for fundraising purposes. We do not support incentive or reward programmes
- We are not able to support personal appeals on behalf of individual people, including scholarships, challenges or overseas volunteering
- We do not support religious, non-secular faith-based programmes or activities
- We regret that we can not support all schools. Only certified special needs schools will be considered
- Requests for medical compassionate assistance must be made to Disney via the recognised wish granting organisations, such as: Make-a-Wish Foundation UK, Starlight Children's Foundation and Make-a-Wish Foundation Ireland.
All requests must be submitted in writing on the letterhead of the charity seeking support. We do not accept solicitations by fax or email and your letter should include the following details:
- Information on the charity including a mission statement or the charity's focus
- Charity contact information which must include the registered charity number
- Event information including: event name, event date, event summary, and how you intend on using the donation for your fundraising efforts
- Please provide a detailed description of the requested donation
Please send your request to:
Corporate Community Affairs
The Walt Disney Company Ltd.
Attn: Donation Requests
3 Queen Caroline Street
London W6 9PE