Technical VFX Animator
Reporting to the Lead Technical Artist, the Technical VFX Animator will provide specialist support to our animation and VFX team and play a significant role in the production of award-winning set piece events and VFX sequences. Working closely with the project leads and directly with the team, you will develop both temporary and long-term pipeline solutions.
- Make a significant direct contribution to the creation of in-game set piece events and VFX sequences as the apply to real-time technology for the current gen consoles.
- Solve technical production issues, especially those related to technical animation and VFX.
- Build advanced rigs to handle large set piece events in conjunction with the VFX team.
- The ability to prototype technical rigs through production of animation tests and final production animation for in-game use.
- Work with programming and tools teams to develop tools/scripts/plug-ins to streamlineVFX and animation workflow.
- Communicate technical concepts and support team members in their understanding of them.
- Cooperate closely with technical artists and team leads to deliver first class VFX that exceed the state of the art and aspire to action move visual and technical production standards.
- Maintain and communicate a strong knowledge of innovative game production technologies and the capabilities/limitations of these technologies as the relate to the project design goals. Essential Requirements
- Strong technical knowledge of Maya 2008.
- Knowledge of rigging and weighting techniques.
- Practical working knowledge of Maya dynamics and ridged body dynamics.
- Experience writing complex MEL scripts.
- Able to standardise auto rigging scripts.
- Knowledge of animation priciples and kinematics and the ability to produce high quality key frame animation.
- Understanding of animators needs and requirements.
- Understanding of games engines, tools, pipelines and development processes.
- Good communication skills;ability and willingness to accept and follow direction, and to collaborate productively with others.
- A reel demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability.
- Genuine interest and passion for playing games.
- At least three years experience as a Technical Artist, Animator or VFX specialist.
- A significant contribution as a VFX animator on at least one shipped AAA PS3 or Xbox 360 title strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience working with physical based animation simulations desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of Blastcode a definite plus.
How to apply:
- Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Disney Interactive:
Disney Interactive Studios is the interactive division of the Walt Disney Company. We develop, publish, market and distribute a broad portfolio of multi-platform next-generation video games and interactive entertainment worldwide. Our family of studios includes Fall Line and Avalanche Software in Salt Lake City, and Propaganda Games in Vancouver and of course the Brighton Studio in the UK. Come and upgrade your career with one of the world's largest entertainment companies.
About Black Rock Studio
Black Rock Studio, formerly known as Climax Racing, was established in early 2000 with the goal of becoming the industry's premier racing studio. The studio now employs more than 100. Using its proprietary render engine and PACE physics libraries, the studio has become experienced at producing triple-A, critically acclaimed racing titles in very competitive development times. Climax Racing was acquired by Disney Interactive Studios in October 2006 and re-named Black Rock Studio in July 2007.